Gutter Cleaning Service
Since 1984, Suburban Landscaping has been offering our professional gutter cleaning services to commercial, residential, condominium and townhome clients. Gutter cleaning is often the most over-looked part of outdoor maintenance. Leaves, branches, nuts, seed pods, and other tree debris often collects in your gutters and needs to be removed to prevent potential damage to your home.
Unlike most handy-man services, our seasoned, experienced crews are trained in ladder, bucket truck, and roof safety and we are fully insured, including workman’s compensation insurance. Suburban Landscaping also guarantees all of our work including our gutter cleaning service. If you are not satisfied with our work, we will return and address any concerns.
We offer our gutter cleaning service to the following types of properties (up to 3 stories):
- Single Family Homes
- Commercial Buildings
Why Do I Need To Clean My Gutters?
With just a normal 1”rainfall, the gutters on a 2,000 square foot roof can collect over 1,200 gallons of water, which in cleaned gutters will drain to the appropriate areas of your landscape. When gutters are clogged, the water over-flows the gutter and lands at the foundation to your home, causing potential drainage issues and erosion problems.
Additionally, standing water and saturated debris in your gutters can weigh as much as 350 pounds, which can damage the gutters, soffit, and fascia of your home or building. Over time, this weight also can change the pitch of your gutters, preventing them from draining correctly in the future and requiring what could be costly repairs.
Rain water landing at your foundation can also seep down and be collected by your sump pump, which will cost electricity (therefore money) to pump up and out to the yard. In shady areas, rainwater can also splash onto your house and cause molding, a different problem all together.
Other reasons to clean your gutters:
- Soffit & fascia damage
- Gutter damage
- Erosion of the soil around your foundation
- Water in the basement or crawlspace
- Drainage issues
- Water damage inside your home
- Debris and water marks on the outside of your home
What Does Gutter Cleaning Include?
Our standard service includes removing and disposing of the gutter debris by hand or blower, blowing the downspouts clean, and removal of any debris from edge of the roof adjacent to the gutter. Also included in the service is the clean up of any blow-over or spilled-over debris that falls to the ground. Additionally, during the cleaning if a crewman notices any damage on the roof or gutters, they will notate this on the doorknob hanger they leave on your front door when they are done.
We can also offer the option to wash down the inside of your gutters, with either a hose or power washer. Most often this service is not needed, but can be useful depending upon your trees and debris situation. This service is an additional charge upon your request.
Do I Need To Be Home?
No. You do not need to be home during our service visit unless you would like to be. Our crews work regular business hours while most clients are at work. However, we do need access to your entire yard, so please unlock any gates prior to our arrival.
What Does Gutter Cleaning Cost?
Our basic gutter cleaning service can be as low as $95. However, there are many variables to consider, which is why an estimate is the best way to get a price for gutter cleaning. To request an estimate, please call our office or request a quote online 24 hours a day.
Here are some of the variables that could effect your gutter cleaning price:
- The number of gutters you have
- The amount of debris that could be in your gutters
- If you have screens on your gutters
- The height of your gutters
- The pitch of your roof
- If the water & debris are frozen in your gutters
- The type of gutters you have
Gutter Cleaning Pricing Examples:
If you have a typical 1,200 SF ranch home with front and back gutters, the price should be $95.
If you have a 5,000 SF multi-level home with a steep pitch and gutters on every level, the price could be $270.
If you are in a townhome, with many buildings in your association, your price would be based upon $95 per hour for a two man service crew.
When Do You Start And Stop Cleaning Gutters?
We can clean you gutters in the spring or fall, with service starting as of March 15th and ending on November 30th. We can clean your gutters before and after those dates, but there may be an increase in the price.
Things To Consider:
- We are fully Insured
- We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- We have been in business since 1984
- We guarantee all of our work
Do-It-Yourself Gutter Cleaning:
For the willing and able, here are some tips for doing gutter cleaning yourself, which we do not recommend for safety reasons.
- Never place your ladder on asphalt
- Do not try and clean gutters on dew-covered or wet days
- Consider buying a leaf-blower attachment for cleaning gutters. This tube allows you to clean your gutters from the ground.
- Make sure your ladder has rubber feet, and always attach the ladder to the gutter or roof line
- Buy a “gutter scoop” for about $3 to clean the gutters easier
- Attach a 5 gallon bucket (available at Home Depot) to the ladder for debris. This is about as much debris as you want to handle while you navigate the ladder. Empty the 5 gallon bucket when you are on the ground. We use a bungee cord to attach the bucket to the ladder.
- If you are going to walk on your roof, use a small blower and blow the leaves out of the gutters, then clean them up on the ground.
- Working on the edge of a roof is risky, and can be intimidating so be careful. This is not something to assume is easy or danger-free.
Other Gutter Cleaning Tips
Gutter cleaning is not just spring and fall. There are many trees, including some Maples, Oaks and Beech that hang on to their leaves well past fall and into the winter. This leaf-retention process is called Marcescence. This means that there may be a need to clean your gutters more than twice a year, depending upon your tree types.